HCSD Announces Reopening of Schools for Full Time Attendance Starting March 8, 2021
Approximately a year ago during March of 2020, our vision of education was turned upside down leading to school closure, Hybrid models, enhanced cleaning protocols and a devastating illness that has run rampant internationally.
With Governor Sisolak's announcement last Wednesday (2/17), the relaxation of restrictions has brought us back to the point that we have been hoping for: Fully Reopening Schools. We recognize that our return will have challenges (continued limitations on gathering size, mandatory social distancing and masks, availability of substitute teachers), however, collectively we will overcome any obstacle in our way. Ultimately, after student learning loss, we now have the ability to welcome students back full time and move each forward towards the goal of college and/or career readiness.
Some key elements to be aware of:
- School will resume on March 8th. For school schedules, go to www.hcsdnv.com and click on your child's school.
- Thursday March 4th will be a non-student day and will be used as a planning and preparation opportunity.
- Friday March 5th will be a planning and prep day
- School will be on a 5 day schedule for all schools
- Remote rurals will maintain a 4 day structure.
- We will NOT hold Parent Teacher Conferences this year.
- Based on ongoing feedback, we are shifting from a Late Start Thursday to an Early Release Thursday. Check your child's school site for exact times. www.hcsdnv.com
We are excited to welcome all students back to full time education starting on March 8, 2021!