Steps Necessary to Complete Prior to Volunteering in HCSD:
1) Print, review, and complete the following documents:
2) Upon completing items (a), (b) and (c), the documents are submitted to the school site who retains them on site, and updates the volunteer document on Google docs.
3) The volunteer takes documents (d) and (e) to the Winnemucca Police Department to have “Live Scan” fingerprints obtained.
4) Results of the fingerprint scan are reported to the District School in approximately one week, at which time the school is notified of clearance. The school (or schools) will then notify the interested volunteer that they have been cleared to volunteer.
5) The District Office maintains the fingerprint results.
6) The school maintains the volunteer packet for five (5) years and then stores them for three (3) additional years. When the student moves to the next grade level/school, the volunteer file will be sent to the next school, where it is maintained through the five-year period plus the three-year retention period, until destruction.