Would you like to be a substitute teacher? Are you already a substitute teacher?
Check below for documents needed to get started and to support you in the classroom.
- Humboldt County School District Substitute Teacher Handbook
- License Requirements
- Quick Reference of Emergency Codes and Drills
- Substitute Pay Information
- Substitute Start Times
- Substitute Teacher Memo
- Travel Claim Form
Why should you work for the Humboldt County School District?
Here are just a few reasons:
- $5,000 signing bonus-- *Pending legislative approval in June
- No state income tax
- 100% retirement paid by the district
- 100% insurance paid by the district
- Contract - salary schedule
- Salary range: $38,223 - $78,843
- Earn more if you work at a rural school
- Student loan forgiveness programs for Title 1 Schools. Check out the following links for more information about why you should work for us!
- Certified Schedule for Denio
- Certified Schedule for Kings River and McDermitt
- Certified Schedule for Orovada and Paradise Valley
- Certified Schedule for Winnemucca Schools
- Classified Salary Schedule