Humboldt County School District welcomes volunteers to the schools. You can make a difference. The following steps are necessary to complete prior to volunteering in Humboldt County School District. (Click here if you would like to print a copy of the necessary steps.)
- Obtain, review and complete the following documents to be approved to volunteer:
- Volunteer Application
- Volunteer Confidentiality Agreement
- Volunteer Code of Conduct
- Volunteer Police Department Clearance Form
- Volunteer Verification
- Upon completing items (1), (2), and (3), the documents are submitted to the school site who will forward them to the District School Resource Officer.
- The volunteer takes documents (4) and (5) to the Winnemucca Police Department to have “Live Scan” fingerprints obtained. Please note that fingerprints will only be taken Tuesday through Friday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Winnemucca Police Department. Click here for details.
- Results of the fingerprint scan are reported to the District School Resource Officer in approximately one week, at which time the school is notified of clearance. The school will then notify the interested volunteer that you have been cleared to volunteer.
- The school resource officer sends a copy of documents to the district office for filing.